Benefit from using a limited company
Get a free consultation with IMS to understand the benefits of operating a limited company as a contractor.
- Specialist contractor accountants
- 12 year track record
- Free consultation
- No startup costs
- Fast limited company incorporation
We have a unique mentoring approach which helps contractors understand the requirements, responsibilities and benefits of operating a limited company.
Speak to our team about setting up a limited company:
0203 2911 467
Your privacy and personal data
IMS – part of the Workr Family
IMS are part of the Workr Family.
The traditional 9 to 5 employment model is not suitable for everyone and we know people require greater flexibility in how they work.
Whatever your working solution, freelancer or contractor; wherever you are in the world, Workr Group can support you.
Choose IMS Accounting for Limited Company services
Get specialist accounting services for contractors.
Company portal included
In addition to support from the team, you get Your Company Portal when you register with IMS.
Simply go to yourcompanyportal.com for 24/7 access to all your company details. You can log time worked, save company information, check pay information and review any of the resulting documents.
The system is oriented around a simple dashboard and can be accessed on all up-to-date computers and devices.
Get free mentoring
Our mentoring approach will help you understand your working options. These are the steps that the IMS team will lead you through when you contact us for mentoring.
Navigate through the 3 steps. You may wish to work through the steps with one of our IMS mentors who will help you learn about the business environment in which you choose to operate. Once you have worked through the last step you will be in a position to make a choice that is most suited to your circumstances and requirements.
We support your choices by offering a full range of services and those of other service providers to help you implement your decision. If you know which service you require, navigate directly to services and complete the Quick Contact forms and we will contact you immediately to get started.
To get started, you may find it helpful to answer the following questions to guide you.
- Am I setting up a business or freelancing or seeking employment?
- Am I concerned about limiting my liability, such as, in respect of negligence or public liability? (Info Centre: Ltd, LLP)
- Do I want to be my own boss? (Info Centre: Ltd, LLP, Sole Trader)
- Do I fall within or outside IR35?
- Will I freelance in the Construction Industry?
- How much income am I expecting to generate? (Info Centre: Tax Rates and Allowances, Personal Tax)
- Will I contract from home or my own premises or clients premises? (Info Centre: Umbrella Companies)
- How long will contracts endure? (Info Centre: Umbrella Companies)
- How do I ensure that I am compliant? (Info Centre: IR35, Ltd, LLP, Partnerships, CIS)
- What am I not considering?
You may wish to complete this step by speaking to an IMS mentor. This can be done over the phone, via e-mail or face to face.
The second step is about us informing you or pointing out sources of information so that you can inform yourself about the legal, compliance and tax matters affecting each activity. Go to our Information Centre and Services pages to browse the information under each section that you may be interested in.
Running Your Own Business
- Limited Company
- Sole Trader
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Agency PAYE
- Construction Industry Scheme
- Running a Business as a Limited Company, Sole Trader, in a Partnership or a Limited Liability Partnership.
- Contracting as an Agency worker or through an Umbrella company.
- Carrying on your activities in employment.
- Construction industry activities which can be in or out of a CIS scheme.
If you are still uncertain about the best and appropriate choice to make, review the information in Step 2 and contact an IMS mentor.
Once you have made your decision we are able to support you in implementing your choice. We offer a full range of support services and those of other service providers to help you take action to implement your choice. For more, select from our Services menu above.